Monday, July 29, 2013

Day before the take off

Beaches, coffee, cigars, fresh fruit and mojitos. Sounds nice, right? It does to me, and that's what I'm looking forward to in Panama.

Tomorrow I start my "walkabout" as it was put to me, and was the inspiration for the name of this blog, "Mason's Walkabout". I should be packing, and finalizing everything I need before I leave. Instead I started this blog to keep track of my adventures abroad.

The bank, Academy, Wal-Mart, TAFB and everywhere in between is on the list of places to go today. Yet I'm sitting on my couch (I think I took after my blogging-sibling). "Who needs groceries when you have Facebook?" Right? Right.

Born and raised in Oklahoma, I haven't seen a whole lot outside of my home state. I have some very fond memories of states and friends I have visited. Yet nothing can compare to the next chapter in life. Oklahoma is one of the greatest places in the US to live. I very fine mix of all walks of life gather here. Want a small town? You're there. Want a big city? Look no further. Football? Only the best play here.
 Boomer! The don't call it "The Great State of Oklahoma" for nothing. My home church, Saint Damian's will be truly missed. What a giant family there! Where else can you find a party centered around Doritos?

Alas! I am taking my leave, and shipping out. I bid you all a farewell, only the best and ill be thinking of all my family and friends while I'm away.

Cheers to one and all!

1 comment: